Community Involvement & Volunteerism
Throughout our service area, our employees and volunteers work with a variety of community agencies to improve the environment, provide food and shelter for the underprivileged and enhance educational opportunities.
Recent activities include:
- Food drives and volunteer work at local food banks
- Clothing and toiletry drives for women and children in shelters
- United Way days of service
- Races and rides for various causes (Race for the Cure, Tour de Cure)
- Earth Day and beach cleanup events
- Rebuilding Together (repairing the home of an elderly or disabled customer)
- Adopting families for the holidays
- Work on a home for Habitat for Humanity
- Initiating a “green team” to support sustainable practices in the office
Want to get involved? Send us an email for more information on how you can help.
The Pacific Power Foundation supports employees’ community involvement and charitable contributions through the Matching Gift and Global Days of Service programs.
The Global Days of Service program provides funds to match employee hours volunteered at nonprofit organizations. The foundation wrapped up its program year by awarding $60,000 to nonprofit organizations for 13,156 hours of employees’ volunteer time. Funds were awarded to a wide variety of organizations from the American Diabetes Association to the Marion County Fire District to the Yreka Ponytail Softball league.
The foundation also matches employee contributions during our annual Community Giving Campaign each fall, with matching dollars going to local United Way chapters and energy assistance programs in each state.