IMPORTANT! Pacific Power has filed an advice filing with the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission to consolidate the existing commercial and industrial energy efficiency programs into a single program called, wattsmart Business. If approved by the Commission the effective date of the changes will be January 1, 2014.
The proposed changes will streamline the incentive process. View a summary of the planned changes and planned revisions to the incentive tables (PDF). If you have questions or need more information, please contact us.
To help you upgrade to the most energy-efficient systems available, our Energy FinAnswer program offers high-quality engineering services and cash incentives tailored to the needs of your retrofit project. To learn more about the program, click on any question or section below; click the question again to “close” it.
- How it works (program steps)
- Contact us to get started. Use our online inquiry form, call 1-800-222-4335 or e-mail email@example.com
- Scoping. We sign a letter of intent (PDF) with you. Then, working with you, we identify potential energy efficiency opportunities. We go over the preliminary numbers with you and discuss your implementation plans and schedule.
- Energy analysis. We provide an energy analysis report for the opportunities with the highest likelihood of implementation. The report contains specific recommendations and refined estimates of costs and savings. It also includes our incentive offer and any commissioning requirements. We pay for the study.
- Incentive agreement and W-9 form. We sign an incentive agreement (PDF) with you before you sign purchase orders or make other financial commitments to proceed with implementation. The incentive is estimated based on the energy analysis. You provide a completed W-9 form (PDF) so we can prepare a 1099-Misc. (if required) following the incentive payment.
- Implementation. You complete contracting and installation, then notify us when each is done. You complete any required commissioning and provide commissioning submittals and documentation of your final costs for each energy efficiency measure, with labor and material itemized.
- Post-installation inspection and incentive payment. We complete a post-installation inspection report that documents the final project costs and energy savings. We calculate the incentive amount based on the inspection results and provide you with the incentive check.
- How much are the incentives?
Incentive: $0.15/kilowatt-hour (kwh) annual energy savings + $50/kilowatt (kw) average monthly demand savings
Incentive caps: Percent of project cost cap is 60% of energy efficiency project cost. Simple payback cap is one year. (If incentive brings the simple payback below one year, the incentive is reduced so the simple payback equals one year.
Additional requirements: Lighting kwh savings is limited to 50% of project savings. (If lighting kwh savings exceeds the limit, lighting measures are adjusted for purposes of calculating the incentive.)
- What are the technical services?
Energy analysis - services help identify energy efficiency opportunities and quantify savings and costs. The analysis is vendor neutral and investment grade, so you'll have information to guide your implementation decision and funding approval process.
- Who is eligible?
All commercial, industrial and agricultural customers in Washington are eligible.
- What qualifies?
Planned installation of proven technologies that:
- increase electric energy efficiency
- exceed code requirements or industry standards
And what does not qualify?
- some projects already in progress
- projects involving fuel switching
- When will you be paid?
For projects with an executed incentive agreement (PDF) the incentive is paid within 45 days after completion of the post-installation inspection report.
- Who's in charge?
Once you make a commitment, you remain in control. You choose the technologies and the manufacturers you want to use. You choose the contractors with whom you'll be working. From analysis through installation, we will work within your planning and construction schedules. Think of us as an extension of your own team — there to offer information, confirmation and options for your decision making.
- Brochures and other information