Our FinAnswer Express program includes incentives and technical expertise for lighting, motors, HVAC and other equipment upgrades that increase your electric energy efficiency and exceed code requirements.
How it works (program steps)
Projects have different steps depending on the equipment you're upgrading. To learn more, click on an item below; click on it again to "close" it.
- Lighting steps
Before you begin your project, contact us or an Energy Efficiency Alliance vendor. For retrofits, we may need to verify existing equipment and sign a letter of intent (PDF).
- We provide an incentive agreement – here's a sample (PDF). Sign the agreement before you order equipment. You provide a completed W-9 form (PDF) so we (or our program administrator) can prepare a 1099-Misc. (if required) following the incentive payment.
- Upgrade your lighting.
- Submit incentive application and project cost documentation, including invoices with a breakdown of materials and labor. Then, contact Pacific Power or your Energy Efficiency Alliance vendor for a post-installation inspection.
- Receive incentive check within 45 days of completion of step 4.
- Before you begin your project, contact us or an Energy Efficiency Alliance vendor. For retrofits, we may need to verify existing equipment and sign a letter of intent (PDF).
- Other equipment steps
- Obtain an incentive application (PDF) and catalog (see next section) from us or your dealer. Pre-approval is recommended but not required for chiller incentive applications.
- Purchase and install a qualifying unit for use at an eligible location.
- Submit your incentive application
- Receive incentive check within 45 days of completion of step 3.
- Green motor rewinds
- Review the incentive catalog for requirements.
- Contact a participating motor service center and arrange to have your motor rewound in accordance with procedures established by Green Motors Practices Group™ (GMPG).
- Install your rewound motor or place it in inventory for future use.
- Receive an incentive credited on the motor service center invoice. (The service center receives a $2/hp incentive payment from us. A minimum of $1/hp is paid by the service center to the customer as a credit on the motor rewind invoice.)
Pacific Power does not warrant or guarantee the work performed by these participating vendors. You are solely responsible for any contract with a participating contractor/vendor and the performance of any contractor/vendor you have chosen.
Incentives, catalogs & vendor lists
Incentive amounts vary by project. Contact us or your Energy Efficiency Alliance vendor for an incentive catalog to help ensure you purchase and install qualifying equipment. To learn more, click on any section below; click on it again to "close" it.
- Lighting controls & non-general illuminance
- HVAC equipment & controls
- HVAC VFDs
- Green motor rewinds
- Building envelope
- Food service
- Compressed air
- Office equipment
Doing something not on the list?
Contact us. Your project may qualify for a custom incentive (PDF). Note - custom incentives require pre-approval. The next steps are: we complete an energy analysis, offer you an incentive agreement, and you sign the incentive agreement prior to purchasing equipment or contracting for installation.
Contact us before you start your project
Brochures & other information
Need materials prior to February 24, 2012?
- Applications, Brochure and Incentive Tables