Tenant Bill Calculator
Pacific Power customers served as Property Owners or Managers under Electric Service Schedule DS-8, Multifamily Residential Service – Submetered, are required to bill their tenants for submetered electric service under Pacific Power's Electric Service Schedule D, Residential Service. Pacific Power's Tenant Bill Calculation Tool is designed to assist Property Owners/Managers with this calculation.
This tool will estimate monthly billings under Electric Service Schedule D based on the kilowatt-hour (kWh) usage and other information as determined and input by Property Owners/Managers and current electricity prices approved by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). Property Owners/Managers can use this tool to estimate billings for their tenants who participate in the California Alternative Rates for Energy (CARE) program, as well as those that do not participate. Monthly results can be printed for use in billing each tenant.
1) PRIOR meter read date - Use the drop-down menus to select the date of last month's meter read.
2) CURRENT meter read date - Use the drop-down menus to select the date of this month's meter read. The current meter read date must be later than the previous meter read date but not by more than 60 days.
3) Number of Days - The calculator will automatically calculate the number of days in this month's billing period.
4) PRIOR meter reading - Enter last month's meter read.
5) CURRENT meter reading - Enter this month's meter read. The current meter read must be greater than the prior meter read.
6) Total kWh - The calculator will automatically calculate the total number of kWh used this month.
7) County - Use the drop-down menu to select the county in which your tenant resides. The county will likely be the same for all of your tenants.
8) Tenant's Primary Heating Source - Use the drop down menu to identify whether this tenant uses permanently installed electric space heating or just basic use and electric water heating. This selection may vary from tenant to tenant but should be the same for each tenant from month to month.
9) Is tenant eligible for CARE? - Use the drop down menu to identify if this tenant is eligible for the California Alternative Rates for Energy discount.
10) Select button labeled Calculate to see the bill calculation page. You can use the Edit link to go back and correct any errors or the New Calculation link to start over.