Online Payment FAQ
Click on any question below to read the answer; click on it again to "close" it.
- How do I pay online?
You need to log in to our site (see Sign In box at right) or register a new Web account if you've never logged in to our site before. Once you register, click View & Pay Bills from the menu, or use the button located on the Your Account page, and chose the appropriate online option for your needs.
- I am no longer receiving a bill in the mail. What happened?
Making an online payment also provides you with paperless billing, which is convenient, keeps electricity costs low and helps protect the environment. If you prefer to receive paper bills, call us at 1-800-538-4228 and we will immediately make the change for all future bills.
- What if I don't receive my email notification?
If you don't receive your email notification, chances are your email was returned to us for some reason. Here are the most likely reasons this could be happening:
- The email address we have on file may be incorrect or outdated. Please log in to pay your bill online and verify that your email address is correct by clicking on "Update Your Information" under "Online Profile & Preferences" in the menu.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list to make sure our emails reach you.
- Check to make sure your email account has not reached its size limit.
- What if I had previously signed up for automatic payments with paper billing, but want to start receiving email notices instead?
To start receiving email notifications, you can select Paperless Billing in the menu on the left under Ways to Pay or Online Profile & Preferences.
- How do I cancel my participation in automatic payments?
After you log in to our website in the upper right, select Automatic Payments from the View & Pay Bills menu on the left. Then click to stop participating in automatic payments at the bottom of the page.
- What forms of payment are accepted?
You can pay your bill using your checking or savings account.
- Do you accept credit or debit cards?
Currently, credit and debit cards are not accepted for online payments. However, you can make credit or debit card payments by phone for a $2.80 fee for residential customers and a $4.95 fee for business customers by calling 1-800-672-2403.
- When will my payment be processed?
Your payment is processed within 48 hours from the day you pay your bill.
- I just made an online payment but it has not been deducted from my balance online. What happened?
The website is not updated in real-time. Your payment may take up to two business days to be reflected online. After you make a payment and you see the confirmation page with a confirmation number, your payment has been submitted for processing.
- How secure is online payment?
Our online payment options use state-of-the-art security, including secure socket layer (SSL) encryption and password protection to ensure the security of your transactions and personal information.
- What browser version do I need to have?
Online payment and secure account transactions require a minimum of Internet Explorer® version 7 or higher, Firefox® version 3.0 or higher, Safari® version 4.0 or higher or Google Chrome. These versions support the features necessary to ensure a secure transaction.
If using Internet Explorer® version 9, you may need to click on the Compatibility View icon in the toolbar (to the right of the address bar) for the elements on the site to display properly.
- I’m enrolled in automatic payments and need to update my checking account information. How can I do this?
After you log in to our website in the upper right, select Automatic Payments from the View & Pay Bills menu on the left and change your bank account information.
- I want to continue receiving paper bills, but want my bill automatically paid on the due date. Is this possible?
Automatic payments also provides you with paperless billing, which is convenient, keeps electricity costs low and helps protect the environment. If you prefer to receive paper bills, call us at 1-800-538-4228 and we will immediately make the change for all future bills.
- How will my payment be listed on my bank statement and/or my bank website?
Your payment will be listed as Pacific Power/Rocky Mountain Power on your bank website and your bank statement. Online payments made prior to December 11, 2011 will show as PacifiCorp.