For custom projects that are beyond the scope of the incentive lists, we have a team of energy experts to help you evaluate options, estimate savings and help you make a wattsmart choice before you make a purchase.
Most new construction projects can use typical upgrades/ listed incentives, but if you are planning to install unique systems — not on the lists — contact us early in your process for a custom analysis.
- Possible cash incentives
Incentive Project Cap Cost Custom incentives for qualifying measures not on the incentive lists $0.15 per annual kwh savings for non-lighting
70% and one-year simple payback
*The one-year simple payback cap means incentives will not be available to reduce the simple payback of a project below one year. If required, individual measure incentives will be adjusted downward pro-rata so the project has a simple payback after incentives of one year.
- What does the custom energy analysis include?
This analysis will provide information to guide your implementation decision and funding approval process. Services also include a post-installation savings verification of the project.
Here’s a sample of what you’ll see in your Custom Energy Analysis:
Custom Efficiency Measure Energy (kwh) Savings Electric Cost Savings Installed Cost Incentive Payback Before Incentive Payback After Incentive Variable speed compressor & heatless dryer controls 524,724 $18,139 $66,329 $46,430 3.6 yrs. 1.1 yrs. Percentage of cost paid by incentive 70% $46,430 $46,430 3.6 yrs. 1.1 yrs.
- What is the process to receive a Custom Energy Analysis?
- You submit an application: After you identify a project (or work with us to identify a project(s) the first step is to submit a general application (PDF).
- We provide a pre-inspection: Before you remove existing equipment we need to establish an energy baseline. It is very important that we do this before you purchase anything new. Our inspection will identify efficiency options and help you understand the financial benefits of your investment.
- You sign an incentive offer: Sign an incentive offer before you begin project implementation. If you don’t have an incentive offer, you may not be able to receive an incentive.
- You implement your project: Purchase and install qualifying equipment at an eligible location.
- We provide a post-inspection: We may need to see that the new equipment is installed and operational. It can be a simple on-sight inspection or it may require more formal savings verification. You’ll be told what the requirements will be in your energy analysis.
- You receive a cash incentive: Congratulations! Within 45 days of final inspection, savings verification, and/or the receipt of all necessary cost documentation you will receive your incentive.
- What projects qualify?
Energy efficiency measures must meet minimum equipment efficiency levels and equipment eligibility requirement in the typical upgrades/incentive lists.
- What projects do not qualify?
Projects involving fuel switching, technologies that we cannot prove the performance of (“black box”), and some projects you already have in progress.
- When will I receive my incentive?
At the end of your project. Within 45 days of final inspection, savings verification, and/or the receipt of all necessary cost documentation you will receive your incentive.
- Who controls the outcome of my project(s)?
You do! You remain in control of your project. You choose the technologies and the manufacturers you want to use. You choose the contractors with whom you'll be working. From analysis through installation, we will work within your planning and construction schedules. Think of us as an extension of your own team — there to offer information, confirmation and options for your decision-making.
- Is my company eligible?
Commercial, industrial and agricultural customers receiving electric service from Pacific Power in California on rate schedules A-25, A-32, A-33, A-36, AT-47, AT-48, LS-53, LS-58, OL-42 and PA-20 are eligible.
- Brochures and other information