Energy management is a system of practices that creates reliable and persistent electric energy savings through improved operations, maintenance and management practices in your facilities. Energy management can result in:
- Improved system operation and lower energy costs
- Reduced maintenance and repair costs and extended equipment life
- Improved occupant comfort and productivity for tenants and employees
Energy management requires a supplemental application to the wattsmart Business general application (PDF).
The most valuable incentive is the information and expertise in a Pacific Power energy management partnership, but when you implement energy management strategies through wattsmart Business you can also receive $0.02 per kwh verified savings.
Each of the opportunities below requires an increasing level of engagement from you as the participant. Through our partnership, we will help determine which energy management opportunity is the right fit.
Click on the opportunities below for more information.
- 3 to 6 month engagement
- Target single systems, i.e. "Chilled Water Loop" or "Primary Air Handlers"
- Find the problem and fix the problem approach
- Industrial recommissioning
- 3 to 9 month engagement
- Target process systems, i.e. compressed air or refrigeration
- Track baseline and tune-up system operations
- Persistent commissioning
- 6 to 12 month engagement
- Data driven — whole building
- Target more comprehensive improvements over time
- Strategic energy management
- 18 to 24 month commitment
- Data driven
- Must have an internal energy manager
- Comprehensive whole building and/or industrial processes
- Two participation options:
- We pair business and organizations with similar operations: school districts, water treatment, etc.
- Primarily web-based engagement
- One to One
- Unique customers
- Executive sponsorship
- Monthly in person meeting
- What's not included with energy management?
Energy management does not provide engineering support or incentives for capital equipment measures.
The program also does not provide services for new construction or to meet savings verification requirements of other incentive programs offered by Pacific Power.