Small Business - Lighting
Pacific Power has developed an incentive to help small businesses save energy, money and time when upgrading existing lighting systems.
The incentive covers some of the most common interior lighting upgrades, such as T5 and T8 fluorescent lamps and ballasts, lighting controls and LED exit signs.
- STEPS for small business lighting incentives
- Schedule a free facility assessment conducted by a wattsmart Small Business Approved Contractor. If you would like to contact an Approved Contractor to see if you qualify, just call us at 844-760-4881 or email.
- Review and approve lighting proposal and sign incentive application. You can choose to assign your incentive to the Approved Contractor and he or she will pass 100 percent of the eligible incentive on their invoice to you and take care of the paperwork.*
- The Approved Contractor will install your new lighting. We may request to inspect your lighting upgrades to verify energy savings and quality of installation.
- Pay the Approved Contractor the balance of your project costs.
- Enjoy energy saving and better lighting!
*Incentive dollars paid, whether received directly or assigned to the Approved Contractor, may be considered as taxable income and require the issuance of IRS Form 1099 to your business. You are encouraged to consult with your tax advisor regarding the potential tax implications.
- What can I expect by participating?
The typical path for participation starts with Approved Contractors reaching
out to Pacific Power small business customers to schedule a free
lighting assessment. Once the contractor completes the assessment, he or she
will propose lighting upgrades for the facility. Here is an example of what that
proposal might include:
At a glance - Example of Project Economics Lighting fixture and equipment upgrade cost $4,212 Annual energy savings expected
Incentive payment (applied to the project invoice) - $3,108 Out-of-pocket cost to the small business customer $1,104 Post incentive project payback period 1 year
- Is my business eligible for this offer?
This incentive is intended to help small businesses make wattsmart choices. Small
Businesses are classified by the amount of energy they use. Pacific Power
business customers in California on rate schedule A-25 and A-32 are eligible to
participate. wattsmart Small Business Approved Contractors will verify eligibility
upon scheduling free facility lighting audits. Eligibility is subject to change.
- What lighting upgrades qualify?
The enhanced incentive covers some of the most common and easy to install
interior lighting upgrades that will yield energy savings for your business, such as
T5 and T8 fluorescent lamps and ballasts, lighting controls and LED exit signs.
Your Approved Contractor will provide you with a summary of recommended
measures to be upgraded under this incentive offer. Additional upgrades also may be
recommended from the standard wattsmart Business lighting incentives available. Pre-approval may be required before you purchase new lighting.
- I would like to upgrade to LED lighting. Can I receive incentives for these upgrades?
- How much energy and money will I save?
Your wattsmart Small Business Approved Contractor will be able to provide you
with an estimate of energy and cost savings once the free facility assessment is
completed at your location. Approved Contractors have been trained to ensure
they present you with the best options for your business.
According to ENERGY STAR®, lighting accounts for 20-50 percent of energy used
in businesses. Improving your lighting equipment will reduce your energy use and
costs. In addition, you’re likely to experience improved light quality and color, as
well as reduced lighting maintenance costs.
- Before you start your project
- Brochures and other information