No matter what type of meter you have, we may need access to it from time to time. This is a requirement of service and also leads to accurate bills for you as a customer. By working together we can provide our meter readers with safe access to your meter, and give you accurate electric bills.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Trim shrubs or trees for a clear view and path to your meter.
- Keep your dog leashed on meter-reading day. Call us at 1-888-221-7070 for a copy of the meter-reading schedule in your area.
- If you keep your gate locked, please contact us to work out a solution for access. We can secure your keys or lock combinations and/or utilize our own locks in many cases.
- Shovel snow off of walkways and away from gates.
- Be sure your meter is built on the outside of your house. Meters enclosed in garages or other buildings restrict access, and they violate our service requirements.
If you have questions, please call us toll free anytime at 1-888-221-7070.