California Small Business Customers
You or your business may qualify as a small business customer with Pacific Power. Qualifying small business customers may benefit from specific rules regarding the charging of deposits and billing adjustments. See some commonly asked questions about small business customer requirements, definitions and how to certify below:
- What are the requirements to qualify as a "Small Business Customer"?
To qualify as a small business with Pacific Power, your business must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Use less than 40,000 kWh annually.
- Have a demand that does not exceed 20 kW.
- Qualify as a micro-business customer as defined in California Government Code Section 14837.
- What are the benefits of being a small business customer?
In accordance with California Public Utilities Commission Decisions (D.) D. 10-10-032 and D. 10-11-037, Small Business Customers may benefit from certain deposit and back billing rules.
See Rule No. 9 and Rule No. 17 for specific billing adjustment rules and Rule No. 6 for establishment and re-establishment of credit for Small Business Customers.
- How do I self-certify as a Microbusiness Customer?
You can fill out an affidavit (PDF) and send the completed form back to us for processing.
- How do I return the affidavit?
There are two ways to return the form:
PO Box 400
Portland, OR 97207-0400
1-888-800-2851 (toll free)
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us anytime toll free at 1-888-221-7070.