California Energy Savings Assistance (ESA) Program, Weatherization Services and LIHEAP

Low-income weatherization program

Pacific Power partners with local agencies to provide free weatherization services to income-qualifying homeowners and renters living in single-family homes, mobile homes or apartments. A variety of measures can be installed to save energy. These Energy Savings Assistance Program options include insulation, energy-efficient showerheads, LED bulbs and more. All of these measures are designed to lower bills, while keeping your home comfortable.

Qualify for ESA if you or someone in your household participate in any of the following public assistance programs below. 

  • Medicaid/Medi-Cal
  • Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
  • Healthy Families A & B
  • National School Lunch’s Free Lunch Program (NSL)
  • Food Stamps/SNAP
  • Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
  • Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Tribal TANF

Or you may qualify if you meet the income guidelines qualifications in the following table. Household income is your income as of today (after loss of employment). Even if you are receiving unemployment benefits, you may still qualify. 

Effective July 1, 2022 to May 31, 2023, ESA Programs’ income limits are as follows:

Household Size

Income Eligibility Upper Limit*



2   $45,775













For each additional person add:


*Upper Limit Calculation = 200% of Federal Poverty Guideline

To apply for Pacific Power’s ESA program, please call the appropriate agency listed below:

Del Norte County
Del Norte Senior Center (LIHEAP & weatherization)

Modoc County
T.E.A.C.H. Inc. (LIHEAP)

Redwood Community Action Agency (weatherization)
1-800-252-4440, ext. 206

Shasta County
530-378-6900, ext 0 (LIHEAP)
530-378-6900, ext 3 (weatherization)

Siskiyou County
Great Northern Services
530-938-4115, ext. 120 (LIHEAP)
530-938-4115, ext. 127 (weatherization)

Other state and federal resources

California Department of Community Services and Development
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Earned Income Tax Credit