Notice of protections for customers in Siskiyou County
Pacific Power is providing customers impacted by the recent fire with billing and payment relief in a variety of forms. This is a challenging time for many of our Siskiyou County customers and we’re here to help. You may be eligible for disaster-related relief designed to protect you from financial impacts due to wildfire-related loss of service.
The recent declaration of a wildfire-related state of emergency in Siskiyou County entitles Pacific Power’s residential and small business customers to certain relief protections. Please review the relief options below and reach out to our customer care team at 1-888-221-7070 to have any applicable protections assigned to your account.
These protections are being offered to all customers in Siskiyou County; however, any customer who experienced disrupted service due to the disaster may also seek support. These protections are in place for at least 12 months, starting July 30, 2022. The wildfire-related relief protections include:
- Waiving deposit requirements for one year for affected customers seeking to re-establish service, and expediting move-in and move-out service requests;
- Stopping billing for estimated usage attributed to the time that the residence or business was unoccupied as a result of the emergency;
- Discontinuing billing if your residence or small business premises are unserviceable;
- Prorating any monthly access charge or minimum charges if billing is discontinued during a billing cycle;
- Implementing payment plan options;
- Suspending disconnection for nonpayment and associated fees, and waiving deposit and late fee requirements;
- For qualifying low-income residential customers, in disaster-impacted zip codes, suspending California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) and Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) program removals to avoid unintentional loss of the discounted rate, along with freezing standard and high-usage reviews for the CARE program;
- Stopping new CARE or FERA recertification and verification requests that require impacted customers to provide current income information.
Please contact us anytime at 1-888-221-7070 to arrange for any of the above relief options.
We’re here for you.