The California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program can provide qualifying residential customers with a 25% discount on Pacific Power monthly electric bills. Simply complete the CARE enrollment form and we’ll let you know if you’re eligible. Once approved for the program, you will receive your discount for two years. After two years, you'll have to renew your application to make sure you still qualify. For households on a fixed-income, renewal is every four years. 


You may qualify for CARE if you or a member of your household participates in any of the following qualifying public assistance programs, or your household meet the program income guidelines. Even if you are receiving unemployment benefits, your household income as of today may qualify you to receive the discount. 

Income guidelines for CARE

CARE program Yearly Gross Household Income
Effective June 1, 2024, to May 31, 2025



Income Eligibility

Upper Limit*















Each additional person, add


*Upper Limit Calculation = 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines


Qualifying public assistance programs


Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)

Healthy Families A&B

National School Lunch’s Free Lunch Program (NSL)

Food Stamps/SNAP

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)

Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)

Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Tribal TANF


If you meet these guidelines, please apply for CARE:

CARE Print Application Form
You may complete and mail the attached application.

Tenants of sub-metered residential facilities

Landlords on a master meter account can fill out an application for CARE or call toll free at 1-888-221-7070 and landlords who are billed under Schedule DS-8 can calculate their tenants' bill using our simple calculator.

Tenants of Sub-Metered Facilities – CARE Application Form

Qualified nonprofit group living facilities

Group living facilities, homeless shelters, hospices and women's shelters may qualify for CARE if the facility is federally tax exempt and all of the facility occupants meet the income requirements. See application for specific eligibility criteria.

Qualified Nonprofit Group Living Facilities – CARE Application Form

Qualified agricultural employee housing facilities

Migrant farm worker housing centers and other agricultural employee housing facilities may qualify for CARE if all of the residents meet income guidelines. See application for specific eligibility criteria.

Qualified Agricultural Employee Housing – CARE Application Form

Energy Savings Assistance Programs

Pacific Power partners with local agencies to provide free weatherization services to income-qualifying homeowners and renters living in single-family homes, mobile homes or apartments. Find resources for your area