- Always be aware of the location of overhead power lines. Be careful not to lift or move any long or tall items such as gutters, ladders or irrigation pipes near power lines – they can conduct electricity through you. Stay at least 20 feet away at all times.
- Be sure to check for power lines in or near trees before pruning branches. If a power line is near, call us at 1-888-221-7070.
- Fly kites out of the way of power lines.
Call before you dig
- Call 811 at least 48 hours before you dig to have underground lines located. Remember to call before you plant a tree, dig holes for fence posts or install underground sprinklers.
Stay away from downed power lines
- Never touch or go near a fallen power line, and do not touch anything on which the wire is resting. Always assume a downed line is energized. Call 911 for help, or call us at 1-877-508-5088.